Tuesday 31 December 2013

In the post Christmas lull, after the excitement and excesses of the past week, I'm really looking forward to new year. I don't think I can handle another mince pie!!  I usually get quite reflective at this time, and full of optimism about what the new year will bring.


Plans for the coming year...

  • to undertake a short business course at Morley college (Feb-Mar)
  • to continue to develop my ideas for printing - mainly cards but also experimenting with fabric, incorporating themes inspired by my recent trip to Thailand
  • to develop contacts in Thailand with a view to importing products that complement my own hand printed designs
  • to get to grips with social media and the technological side of developing a business
  • to have an online shop up and running by Autumn 2014
  • to stay positive and inspired, and above all to enjoy what I do!



Regarding the last point, this venture is mainly for pleasure, and if I make any profit out of it, that will be a bonus (albeit a welcome one).  There may be weeks when I  have no time to do any printing - I have a job, as well as a very active 7 year old, who is my priority.  As for this blog, I will update it from time to time, but most of my efforts will go towards developing designs and learning about what it takes to set up a business.  This may be my last blog for a while....


In the meantime I wish everyone the best of luck in all endeavours in the coming year. 


Vicky, Tiger and Toby at the London Eye (Dec.2013) 

Happy 2014!!



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky, I really enjoyed reading your posts and blog. Hope you are still printing. You inspired me to start my own blog about sewing and printing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Biral. Thank you so much for your comment. Yes I am still printing - on fabric mainly, making mini cushions filled with herbs, so it involves a bit of sewing too! When I have made a bit more progress I will up-date my blog. Good luck with your own blog (I tried to check it out but it seems it is not set for public viewing?). All the best..Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herby cushions sound lovely - looking forward to seeing pics!! Thank you for trying to view my blog, the site is www.doodleyinkyprints.WordPress.com :)

    ReplyDelete