Wednesday 2 October 2013

Findings:

I've been browsing on Pinterest, mainly for design inspiration and tutorials related to block printing.  I think this is the good printing technique to start with as you don't need a lot of equipment and the materials are relatively inexpensive.  Plus I love the simplicity of the designs - no doubt the key is in perfecting the techniques and coming up with original designs.  I've seen much to inspire me!

As for tutorials, there's so much choice out there that it's a bit arbitrary as to which ones I end up following.  My favourite is probably the following short video clip from Geninne's Art Blog.

It has no instructions, just a 10 minute demonstration of an artist at work, as she takes you through the stages from original sketch through to finished print.  I love the fluidity with which she carves the block.
Tomorrow I go shopping for supplies.  Can't wait to start carving my first block!

No comments:

Post a Comment